Dog day care:
Spa and Grooming:
In line with Australian Standards, K9 Zone reserves the right to refuse service to customers who show disruptive or aggressive behaviour towards staff and owners. Just as we care deeply for your dogs we also care for the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and stand firmly on keeping a K9 a safe space for all who visit and work there.
All new clients will be asked to agree to our Terms and Conditions either via our online booking system or sign a printed copy.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Doggy Daycare Terms and Conditions
1. Your dog must be a minimum of 4 months old to attend regular daycare and must be fully vaccinated (dog C5).
2. All dogs will be assessed by K9 Zone for suitability for daycare. The assessment will be conducted prior to the first paid daycare session. For any dog assessed not to be suitable for daycare, a refund of all pre-paid and unused daycare sessions will be paid by K9 Zone to the client.
3. K9 Zone reserves the right to refuse entry to any animal.
4. You agree to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behaviour of the dog while it is in K9 Zone’s care.
5. You are the sole owner of the dog, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
6. The dog will be released from daycare only to persons named within your customer record including emergency contacts. You must advise in writing naming any other authorised persons to collect your dog with at least 48 hours’ notice to
7. If a dog is abandoned, K9 Zone has the right to re-home the dog. K9 Zone may take this action if you do not advise of collection within a reasonable period.
8. You are responsible for notifying K9 Zone if your contact details change. Failure to do so has no bearing on any of the terms of this agreement.
Grooming Terms and Conditions
1. The service may be refused or ceased if the service is deemed a risk to the pet or other pet’s health.
2. Animal Safety: We encourage an open salon policy to allow pets to socialise, stretch and play. We ask owners to please notify the salon team if they would like their pet isolated from other animals in the salon. At the discretion of the salon pets may be crated, tethered or separated for the protection of themselves and other animals within the salon. Pets that display aggression towards the groomer or other dogs will be separated and muzzles used if deemed necessary. Owners may be asked to collect their pet if they present a danger to team members, other animals or themselves.
3. Matting: It is not uncommon to find pre-existing conditions such as hot spots, sores and other skin issues once the matted coat is removed. There is also a chance that your pet’s skin may become irritated from clipping so close due to matting and could be accidentally cut in the process. The procedure takes extreme care and extra time, due to this there will be additional charges depending on the severity of the matting.
4. Health: In the unlikely event that veterinary treatment is required which has an imminent impact on a pet’s health, the owner gives consent for this establishment to seek treatment for the pet at the closest local veterinary clinic.
5. The owner will be contacted as soon as possible to advise of any incident or condition noticed or occurring during the service. The service will not be completed until either; the owner is contacted and permission to continue is granted or consent obtained and recorded for veterinary assessment, with the owners aware of any costs that may be involved.
6. We will not be liable for any vet related costs due to health issues arising from;
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Matted coats which may result in clipper rash and exposing pre-existing hot spots and sores
Dog Sitting/Home Visit Terms and Conditions
1. Consultation – a consultation will be carried out with owners prior to commencing any Home Visits. This is free and at no obligation. During the consultation K9 Zone will outline the services provided. K9 Zone reserves the right to refuse to offer services to a client if we feel pets may present a danger to ourselves or others. If a meet n greet is required prior to booking, a single visit charge applies
2. A deposit may be payable at the time of booking for each dog and cancellation fees apply as per K9 Zone's payment terms.
3. Information about your pets – to ensure K9 Zone has the relevant knowledge to be able to care for your pet owners must advise of the following points. Failure to do so could null and void any insurance cover and cause the dog(s)to be unsuitable for our services.
a) K9 Zone must be told of any traits or characteristics including:
i. Behavioural e.g. aggression, excess barking or whining, incontinence,lack of house or obedience training, etc
ii. Health problems – both current and pre-existing – including physical,medical, infection or disability
b) All dogs must also be up to date with Vaccinations, worming, flea, tick and mite treatments.
4. Client’s home and keys -
i. Where required the Client authorises K9 Zone to visit and enter their property in order to carry out agreed services on pre-arranged dates.
ii. Client’s house keys will be kept safe at all time and cannot be identified with an individual property.
iii. K9 Zone cannot be held responsible for the security of the premises or any loss if others have access to the property during the term of the service agreement.
iv. K9 Zone cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the property by the owner’s dog whether during a service visit or not.
5. The balance of each booking direct to K9 Zone is payable on first day of care and any incidentals during the dog’s stay will be charged post visits.
6. Home Visit rates are charged on a per visit basis and the owner agrees to pay the rate
7. The owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested during the sitting period.
8. If a booking exceeds the original booking dates and no further payment has been received within one week, K9 Zone reserves the right to commence proceedings to recover the debt.
9. K9 Zone reserves the right to adjust/change the dog’s services to ensure the safety and welfare of all dogs being cared for by K9 Zone
10. The owner certifies that he or she is the sole owner of the dog, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and is solely responsible for any and all acts or behaviour of the dog while it is in K9 Zone's care.
11. Clients who choose additional daycare at K9 Zone Doggie Spa and Taxi services during the House Sitting period are subject to those terms and conditions during their stay. The tariff covers costs of attending this facility.
12. By signing these conditions the owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about the dog.
1. Victoria is home to a number of hazards to our Pets. While all care is taken, no place is 100% safe for pets. In the event of an emergency, we will contact the Vet first and foremost and administer First Aid. We will endeavour to contact you or your Alternate Contact on the numbers as provided.
If we are unable to make contact, the Vet’s decision will be final and all costs are payable by the owner.
2. Under no circumstances will K9 Zone, its employees or agents or partners, be held responsible for Paralysis Tick, Canine Influenza, injury, snake bite, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, whether or not caused by any negligent, act or omission of K9 Zone, its employees or agents, that may occur to any dog staying at K9 Zone.
1. Cancellation within 24hrs of making a booking with a 10% deposit (cooling off period) – no fee charged
2. Cancellations of bookings that have paid a deposit to hold dates will forfeit deposit if cancelling after 24hrs of booking.
3. Cancellations within 72 hours of agreed service dates will be charged a total of 50% of the full service.
1. All new client bookings made via phone, booking portal or email require a 10% deposit to lock in your dates and prevent loss of available days
2. Balance of booking will be taken upon pick-up of your dog.
3. Where dogs need to be dropped home, balance of booking will be taken on arrival
4. Debt Collection Action- The Customer:
a) Authorises K9 Zone to notify any debt collection or credit reporting agency upon default by the Customer in regard to any obligation to pay under this debit authorisation;
b) agrees to immediately pay the full outstanding balance of the remainder of the payments due, including any current arrears, should a default occur prior to this payment request terminating;
c) may be liable for any costs associated with the recovery of your overdue account, this may include, but is not limited to the following; legal fees, interest and mercantile agency collection cost.
5. You understand that service rates are reviewed periodically and may increase. This is regardless of the contracted amount or contract term. You understand that members will be notified a minimum of 30 days prior to any such membership rate increase by email.
Taxi/Pick Up/Drop Off
1. If you are not at home when the driver arrives to collect your dog and you have not made prior arrangements to allow access to your property, you will be contacted by SMS. In the event you are unable to present the dog or respond with appropriate instruction for collection within five minutes of receipt of the SMS the driver will move on to their next collection. In this instance, the daycare fee will be non-refundable and full payment due.
2. To cancel or reschedule a home pick up the customer must contact K9 Zone by 10am, the day prior to the scheduled home pick up.
3. Unless prior arrangements are made to ensure safe delivery of your dog, if you are not at home when the driver arrives to drop off your dog at the agreed time, you will be contacted by SMS and the dog will be returned to the facility where you can collect your dog within open hours. If you are unable to pick up your dog within open hours the dog will be boarded overnight at an accredited facility and the client will take on costs
4. If the K9 Zone driver is delayed in meeting the agreed collection or drop off window you will be notified by SMS.
5. All transport fees require full payment at time of booking.
Unless prior agreements are made, you hereby allow your dog to be photographed and/or filmed, which will occur in and around K9 Zone's premises. Photographs and/or footage may be used by K9 Zone for promotional or advertising purposes, and on social media.